There are 3 areas of the theme where you can display a menu: the Top Menu, the Main Menu and the Footer Menu.
The theme comes with some general options for the Main Menu.
- Go to Appearance → Theme Options → Header Settings
- Select Main Menu Settings Tab
- Add the house icon to first item on main menu
- Sticky menu: This option give you the freedom to decide how to display the header menu on scroll.
- Scroll down – The main menu stay fixed on the top section of your website and will disappear from the view port when you scroll down the pages
- Fixed – This option makes your website’s menu to be sticky all the time
- Delay time on mouse hover
After you finished customizing this section click the Save Changes button.
Create and customize a Menu
This Theme uses wordpress built-in menus feature which can be found in your wordpress dashboard > appearance > menus. To setup a new menu, please follow the steps below. Its best to already have your pages created, even if they are blank pages
- Navigate to Apperance > Menus page
- Click the “create a new menu” link to make a new menu. Enter the name then hit Create Menu
- To add a menu item, you can easily select one of your already made pages on the left hand side and click Add to Menu
- You can also add menu items by entering a custom name and custom link into the Links box.
- You can manage your menus using the drag and drop functionality. To create a dropdown menu, simply drag a menu item below and slightly to the right of another menu item and it will lock into place and create a dropdown section.
- After setting up your menu, select the menu you just created as the Primary Navigation in the Menu Settings and Create a new menu and select it as the Top Menu Navigation in the Menu Settings
- Once its all done, make sure you click the Save button.
- You can chnage menus locations in any time from Manage Locations tab.
Add a icon to Menu
- Go to Plugins -> Add new and install Font Awesome 4 Menus plugin.
- To preview all available Font Awesome icons go here. Click on an icon that you want to use and then copy the code of the icon
- Go to Appearance -> Menus and select a menu that you want to edit and paste the icon code in a menu item, then save the menu.