You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP.
Download the Mymag files from your ThemeForest account. Navigate to your Downloads tab on ThemeForest and find Mymag. Click the Download button. On your local computer extract the ZIP folder called Mymag-tf. After extracting files you will open the folder called Mymag-tf where you will find more folders (demo_files, documentation, licensing).
Locate the Mymag.zip in the Mymag-tf folder (this is the theme you want to install). Please, follow the steps below to install the theme via WordPress:
- Navigate to Appearance → Themes.
- Click Install Themes and hit the upload button
- Navigate to find the Mymag.zip file on your computer and click Install Now.
- Wait while the theme is uploaded and installed.
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance → Themes and activate it
- After you activate Mymag you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard.
- Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
Note: One common mistake in installing theme via WordPress is, trying to upload downloaded package from ThemeForest.net as theme file. This leads to an error from WordPress; this error usually seems like this “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.”. Just upload Mymag.zip file, not the whole downloaded package.